Each year, St. John’s hosts a Baby Shower for all the new moms and expecting moms in our area! Average attendance for the previous fourteen baby showers has been 70 mothers, and most bring a guest. This year we will surpass 1000 babies served over the life of this important community service event!
The Annual Baby Shower started when St. John’s decided to give a baby shower for Wanda Beavers’ newly-adopted granddaughter “Kay Kay”. Wanda was very grateful, proclaiming, “We should give a shower for all the new moms in Partnership Park; lots of them have never had a shower for their babies.” As the event grew in popularity, and more and more agencies referred mothers to it, we opened it up to all of Jackson County.
The shower provides diapers, baby clothes (new and gently used), baby toiletries, and one large item for each mom in a drawing at the end of the shower. These items include strollers, portable cribs, high chairs, baby swings, activity centers, and more. Moms also receive education from the Health Department and the Council for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect on raising healthy babies.
Virtual Baby Expo 2021
- Born Free
- Bosom Buddies: Mom4moms Support Group
- Center for Family Health: Women’s Health Services
- Cultivate, Nurture, Foster
- The Happiest Baby on the Block
- Jackson County Breastfeeding Coalition
- Jackson County Health Department
- Early HeadStart
- Family Service and Children’s Aid
- Family Service and Children’s Aid Behavioral Health Services
- Family Service and Children’s Aid Presentation
- Integro Community Baby Shower Presentation
- Integro Home Based Services
- Integro Infant Mental Health Services
- Parenting Classes
- Together We Can Make a Difference